Can you recommend a program/products to help me recover from adrenal/chronic fatigue?
Q. Can you recommend a program/products to help me recover from adrenal/chronic fatigue?
A. Here is a basic program for adrenal health and chronic fatigue:
It includes one herbal/nutrient blend (GSF Adrenal), 2 B-vitamin supplements, omega-3s (Super EFA Liquid Plus), and one homeopathic (Ribes Nigrum) which is highly effective at nourishing the adrenals. Also included are dietary and lifestyle recommendations, which work hand in hand with these nutrients, herbs, and homeopathic remedies.
GSF Adrenatex – 2 caps twice daily with meals
Ribes Nigrum – ½ tsp 3 times a day anytime
Pantothenic Acid – 1 capsule twice daily with meals
Liquid B Complex – 1 tsp twice daily (take with Pantothenic acid) with meals
Super EFA Liquid Plus – 1 tsp daily with meals
Causes of Adrenal Fatigue
Chronic stress and a poor diet are commonly the culprits. The combination of work and family pressure, illness, sleep deprivation, psychological and emotional issues, having children, moving, excessive exercise, death in the family, changing jobs, and marital disharmony can all contribute to chronic stress which weaken the adrenal glands. In addition, a poor diet including sugar, caffeine, and refined foods further weaken the adrenal glands. Fatigue occurs when the amount of stress overextends the capacity of the body to compensate and recover.
- Avoid stress and extra obligations.
- Get regular exercise such as walking, yoga, tai chi, and pilates.
- Avoid corticosteroids and NSAIDS (if possible).
- Resolve emotional issues.
- Avoid wheat flour and dairy products.
- Avoid sugar and hydrogenated oils.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and caffeine.
- Avoid refined and processed foods.
- Avoid refined oils such as safflower, sunflower, corn and soybean oil.
- Eat omega 3 anti-inflammatory foods such as salmon, mackerel and tuna.
- Consume green drinks or fresh vegetable juices.
- Helpful teas: chamomile, green tea, slippery elm.